TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated 10th February 2020.
Whilst our motto is “always go the extra mile” we do have to protect our business against short term cancellations and late or non-payment for services; so we would very much appreciate all our clients buying into our ethos surrounding these basic tenets of our business.
As ever, if you have any questions please do ask.
- All dogs will be subject to an initial assessment by Whatever The Weather staff prior to using Whatever The Weather services. Whatever The Weather services reserves the right to refuse admission to any dog deemed in their absolute discretion to be, or have the potential to be, dangerous or disruptive.
- Owner is to make full disclosure of any quality or characteristic problems which might make your dog not suitable for walking; including behavioural or health problems, antisocial behaviour; including aggression, incontinence or lack of house training and excessive loud barking or whining. Failure on the part of the owner to disclose any matter which might render owners’ dog unsuitable for walking, will be deemed a material omission amounting to a fundamental breach of our agreement.
- Clients must ensure that their requirements for the following week are e-mailed or text to us no later than Sunday evenings.
- (include whether your policy and client agree to walking without lead, or with lead on).
- You may cancel your booked slot and provided you give a minimum of 48 hours’ notice; you will not be charged. However, if cancellation is made within 48 hours of the walk commencing, the full rate will be charged.
- Charges are as advertised on our rates page. Please visit the payment rates section on our website to view them fully. Please be aware that our rates are very competitive and are not negotiable.
- Late payment of Commercial Debts Act 1988 amended 1998 & 2002, we would like to remind customers that payments are due at the end of each working week or on final working day of that week.
- We as a company reserve the right to impose a £2.50 late payment fee is a payment is more than three days overdue, then £0.50 charged on a daily basis from the fourth day until payment is received in full.
- Your booked time is estimated only and whilst we make every effort to arrive at the time given, depending on road conditions and unforeseen circumstances, please allow approximately 30 minutes after your booked time slot for the dog walker to attend. In adverse weather conditions please understand that we are still running but may be slightly delayed. If, however we are more than two hours overdue then the dog walker will refund 50% of the walk. Please note that time starts from when the dog walker (arrives at your property/when the walk begins).
- Clients and the dog walker agree to give one week’s written notice to cancel the agreement. If you do not require the service for that week a cost of 50% of that week’s walks will be due. This will be based on an average of your previous 4 weeks.
- The client gives Whatever The Weather permission to enter their property to carry out the booked service at the arranged date and time.
- The client agrees that, by signing the key holder waiver form this will indemnify Whatever The Weather in full against any liability arising from loss or damage to the property or its contents, in present and future circumstances.
- All dogs must be in a secure and safe location prior to collection by the dog walker. Loose in a garden does not constitute this.
- The client agrees to provide keys and arrange access to the dog for the agreed appointment.
- All dogs must be provided with a collar or harness and lead, Whatever The Weather is not held liable for any injury or any damage caused or incurred by the client’s dog escaping due to an ill-fitting or faulty collar or lead.
- All dogs must wear a collar and tag with the telephone number of the owner.
- The owner is responsible and will ensure that their dog is up to date with their vaccinations, flea and tick treatments and de-wormer treatments.
- Owner accepts full liability for, and loss or damage caused by their dog whilst being walked.
- The client agrees to take any necessary measures or precautions to ensure that their dog is continuously free of contagious, infectious or otherwise communicable diseases. The client agrees to notify (company name) immediately of any infectious and/or contagious disease or conditions their dog has been exposed to or is affected by. Such diseases and conditions include but not limited to; Distemper, Hepatitis, Kennel Cough (Bordetella), Parvovirus, Corona virus, Lyme disease, Fleas, Pregnancy, Infectious Skin Diseases and Intestinal Parasites. (company name) reserves the right to refuse admission until satisfied that the condition is resolved.
Emergency & Veterinary
- We make every effort to contact the owner in the event of an emergency. We recommend owners provide us with a contact number of a trusted third party should we be unable to make contact. However, we reserve the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon.
- Owner is responsible for payment of any veterinary fees incurred by the dog walker. The dog walker is not held accountable for vet fees or third-party claims whilst your dog is in our care.
- We are fully insured to walk up to six dogs at a time. Whilst every effort is made to have walks one to one, most of the time your dog will be walked with other friendly dogs.
- All dog walkers and vehicles are insured for the safe care and transport of your dog.
- (State cover of your insurance)
- The client consents to their dog being photographed, videotapes, and/or used in any media or advertising by Whatever The Weather without prior approval. All such media remain the property of Whatever The Weather.